Contributors

Friday, December 23, 2011

Handmade Gifts

I made a handmade gift for my friend and amazing neighbor for her birthday yesterday. :) I had her kids each draw a picture that I planned to transfer to make a throw pillow. But to be honest I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to get it to transfer...I bought some fabric you can print on but ended up not really liking the feel of it so didn't use it.




I finally decided that I would cut out the letters, trace and embroider it onto some fabric I found for her. Here is the sewing during the process. I ended up sewing buttons into the centers of each heart to give it some extra texture.


Then it was time to sew the pillow together.



I didn't really like the way the edging looked (too handmade :)), so I sewed a edge on very side and like the way it looked better. The above picture is one without the edge and the other with. Not a huge difference, but enough.




Here is the final project! They turned out super cute and was very easy to make.






No comments: