Contributors

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fear...

is terrible.

Especially when it comes from your child.


Dylan has had multiple times of breakdowns and crying over being afraid of dying.

I reassure him he does not need to worry.

That fear is a lie from the enemy.


He is worried that he will not be able to see his family any more.

He is worried that he will not know anyone in heaven.

He is worried that he will not have the same color skin (I had told him that one day God will create a new earth and give us new bodies :))

He is worried about who will die first in our family.


Such deep deep things for a 6 year old.


We have experienced more in our family than most I think.

We speak of heaven because part of our family is there.


My heart smiles when we talk of heaven and when he asks me to tell him more.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Ahhhh, Dylan. My heart breaks for his anxiety about death. You're a fabulous mom and he's so lucky to have you there to talk through all of this stuff.

Cydney Kyhn said...

Wow, he is such a deep thinker for such a young age. It's good that you talk to him and help him understand, you are such a great mom. My little sister was the same way, she would hear about a tragedy on the news and then talk about it everyday for weeks! And cry and cry about it. I hope Dylan can trust that God is there for him.