Contributors

Friday, June 24, 2011

Another Sick Family Member

One of our chickens have been sick. I brought her inside yesterday morning to watch her and see if she is eating and drinking...Mark came home and was not overly happy that I had our "farm animal, not our pet" inside the house. I reminded him that our chickens are our pets to the kids...ok, and maybe to me also :).




I met someone at the kids swim lesson yesterday who knows a guy right by our house who knows a lot about chickens and that he would be happy to help me figure out what is wrong. She didn't have his phone number with her but had his address...so I showed up at his house and he was happy to help and offered to help me in the future. :) He said he thought she just got too hot, stopped eating and is now has no engery. Solution, gatorade to which I asked if I could use Pedialyte since I had some of that left over from Dylan.




This morning I'm happy to say that she ate and is drinking and pooping away. She still has recover and just sleeps a lot. But I think she is doing better. I told the kids to give the chicken space and stop messing with her. The picture below is the kids just sitting there watching the chicken sleep. :)




On a totally different subject, I finally finished a cabinet updo project. My mom found this cabinet in her neighborhood trash pick up. She thought I would like the style, which I totally do! It needed quite a bit of work and I don't usually put that much effort into the furniture pieces that I resell but I wanted to keep this one so I was willing to invest a little more time into it.


It is two separate pieces and the top piece was too heavy for me to put up for a picture, so that is what is sitting behind the bottom cabinet. :) The top of the bottom cabinet was a ugly industrial type piece of wood that someone had obviously replaced on it...it needed to go.




This is a picture of the work in progress. I kept the inside of the cabinet doors a blue color to give it a little more character.



Here is my final project! I really love it.
Thanks mom for keeping a look out for me. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still think you need to design diapers for the chickens
Your refinishing project looks great
mom

Jill said...

I never knew chickens were so tame! I figured they would peck at everything in sight and run away from people! Leave it to you to raise TAME chickens that play with kids! :)

PS. The cabinet turned out beautiful!