Contributors

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Peace of Mind

Today we went to the Phoenix Children's Hospital to have a echo cardiogram done on all the kids. I had been talking to Kati about heart defects (of course because of Eli's heart and all of us learning so much from him) and with us having a genetic condition with Lincoln (although it isn't in our gene pool, just random act) I thought it would be a good idea to have the kids hearts check...really just for my own peace of mind.
They started with having their weight, height, blood pressure and pulse checked. Dylan did not like the cup on his arm...he is the only one who complained. :)



Then they hooked each kid up to check the heart electronically.


And then did a ultrasound of the heart. I was with Isabelle and Mark had the two older ones. Isabelle was amazing, I think she was ready to fall asleep...she laid still the whole time.


My thoughts had been good up until this point. I had been thinking all along that I am confirming that everything is ok. But as I looked at her little heart on the screen some tears welled up as I began to think..."what if something really is wrong!".


Thankfully as is GREAT with the kids. Dylan had high blood pressure but honestly I think it is because he was kinda anxious and moving around a whole bunch. The doctor wants us to come back next year just to have it double checked.


Both girls have slight heart murmurs but the doctor assured me that it was nothing to be worried about and just very little. She said that 50% - 80% of people have them.


My heart is relieved and I am thankful

1 comment:

Jill said...

So glad they're all okay, and glad you're heart is well too! No pun intended! :)