Contributors

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Amusement Park Fun!

Legoland!

When we finally got to Legoland (traffic was terrible due to a accident) there was excitement from all the kids, the boys of course just wanted to run off and start the rides...but we took a quick family photo before we got started. :)


The ride lines were pretty long but once on the rides the kids obviously had a great time, they even did really great waiting in the lines. Dylan loves all rides and was up for riding anything and everything. Cadence however is a bit more timid and would only ride the more calm rides and unfortunately Isabelle wasn't able to ride very many with her being too small...although she wanted to. Mark even got in on the water action with Michelle & Cadence. This ride was fun because we could shoot water at each other as they went by. I got Mark good! :)


There is a huge Star Wars exhibit on display right now. Dylan LOVED it. He stayed and looked at all the battle scenes for a long time. Jake kept asking him if he wanted to go ride some rides but he wanted to stay and check out all the details. It was so incredible that someone built all they, so much detail and work. This life size Darth Vader is all Lego's!


Waiting in line for the log ride with Uncle Jon.



Ice cream was needed of course with it being such a hot day.


This was the last stop of the day. We were walking out of the park (we stayed until close) and all the kids jumped up on this bench of a sleeping grandpa made out of Lego's. Funny that is what they picked. We joked that my dad should have been in the picture. :)


Knotts Berry Farm!

I actually like Knotts better than Lego Land. There was a little kid section for the girls that was perfect sized rides for them and Dylan and Mark spent the day together on all the big rides. It was a good mix of rides for everyone, the only bummer was that we were separated...


Janae asked me to ride the Ferris Wheel with her. She had rode earlier with Jolene and Jolene didn't want to go again. When I got done I realized why, it was kinda scary up there! I'm getting to be a chicken in my old age!


This was more my speed. Isabelle loved this ride, she would crack up laughing every time it swung her around the corner.


Grandma & Grandpa hung out with the little kids & Jake (he doesn't like roller coasters) for the day. They decided their days of rides are done (although I don't think my mom ever had a time she did liked rides :))


I wish I had some pictures of Dylan on his rides. He went on some of the "adult" coasters and rides and loved all of them. Jon said he looked over at him at one point on a ride that went in circles super fast and said Dylan's eye were huge and kinda glazed over, but he got done and said it was great!


Until next year and more family adventures!

Thanks Mom and Dad for the great memories and generosity!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Dylan is so brave! I can't ride the knotts berry farm rides! I have a couple times, but like you, in my old age, I just can't! I loved all the pictures! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!