Contributors

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Reward in Gardening

Today while my mom and sister were over we dug a bit in my sweet potato garden bed to see what we could find. I was a bit disappointed at first because I kept pulling the vines up and wasn't finding anything. Finally I dug down a little and found all kinds of potatoes! It was so fun to keep finding them!!

This is what I pulled up for them to take home (along with some banana peppers). They took home about 6 or 7. I could see a bunch more while I was digging but I wanted Dylan to be able to pull them up, so I covered them back up and waiting for him to be done with school.



When he got home he got to digging and was so excited about it. :) Cadence helped out also, we kept finding potato after potato and earth worm after earth worm in the soil. He thought about feeding them to the chickens as a "treat" but decided they were better for the soil. I love what he learns by us having a garden & chickens!

This is the biggest one we pulled up.





You can see the area that we dug up...still have lots more to go. :)



This is how much we pulled up (plus what I gave to my family) today!
By far, my most rewarding gardening experience so far!! :)








1 comment:

Jill said...

I have your sweater!!!