Contributors

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Last weekend I picked up fruit & veggies from a co-op called bountiful baskets (www.bountifulbaskets.org). You choose from a regular basket ($15) or all organic ($25). We've been trying to buy our food more natural or organic so I was excited about all we got!


This last week I also unplugged our microwave. We really didn't use it that often but I had read some articles about how microwaves can change the structure makeup of the food when it is heated and then your body doesn't recognize those properties. So with reluctance from Mark... the microwave is in the garage in our yard sale pile. :)

I can remember when we got our first microwave growing up. We got ours way after most already had them in their homes.


Funny how life moves in cycles.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm living without a microwave this year! The only time I REALLY ever need one anymore is when i want to pop popcorn! Then, I just take my little bag to the corner market and use theirs! :)

Cydney Kyhn said...

I HATE microwaves, always have, always will.

@jillanderson I use an air-popper for my popcorn. it's healthier and no micro needed! :)

Jill Roberts said...

wow girls, so impressed you don't use a mircowave!! :) i started using stove for poping popcorn...super easy.