Contributors

Thursday, May 19, 2011

book thoughts...

I started reading a new book last night and a few quotes resounded in my heart...

so I wanted to share them. :)


Love another with all your heart and we place our hearts in jeopardy, one so great that the world as we know it can disappear...Love is grief's advance party.


Every time we give our heart away we risk having it dashed to pieces.


Grief can be avoided. The logic is simple. Distance yourself from profound attachments. Attachments are risky. Lock the door of your affections. Board your windows. Armor yourself. Hunker down safe within your garden. Follow your bliss to some other level. Transcend the tyranny of the short lived, where pain, suffering, and grief attend our days. To the extend that these strategies work, they do so by parching the love from our hearts.



Lincoln has taught me many things, one of those is that love always wins and it is SO worth the pain of opening my heart to love instead of being afraid of the outcome that it might have. I remember Mark telling me one day when we were talking about having more kids or not after Lincoln passed away and he said, "the love I have for our children is so much greater than the grief and I want to experience more of the love".


My prayer is my heart would always be soft and open.

2 comments:

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Mark is soooo, sooo right. Love you Jill!