Contributors

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

SO EXCITED!!

Our fist egg!! I am so excited!

The girls (hens not cadence & isabelle :)) were stressed all day today because we are having a block wall put up around the whole yard. It was loud and their home was a wreck with having to be moved around because of the wood fence coming down.
I was getting ready to leave tonight and I look from our front yard and see two of our chickens sitting on the top of the fence...able to roam free! Ahhh. So tonight they are staying the night in the garage until we can get their home back safe and secure (and their wings clipped again). I went in just now to check on them and they had made their own roost and there was a egg on the ground! I think the stress made it come right out. Either way. I'm excited and her back end still looks good!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Are you gonna eat the first one?!

Jill Roberts said...

funny. :) i felt kinda weird about eating it, since it was the first...and it was pretty small. i had dylan crack it open and yep, it was a normal egg with a really hard shell. dylan was so excited about it!

Anonymous said...

who was the most stressed the chickens or you
mom