Contributors

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hanging with the Chickens

Yesterday it got a little too quiet in the house and any mom will say, "when it is quiet...the kids are probably getting into something". :) So I went outside to investigate and came out to find two of them in the chicken coop just hanging out.


Dylan found a nice comfy seat inside the bin where we keep the chicken food, just hanging out playing the "chop chop ninja" game on my phone. Isabelle was just hanging out putting food in the red cup and spreading it out for the chickens to eat. Dylan just loves being around the chickens he said he wanted to just hang out with them for awhile. :)


Soon the chickens wanted to check out what he was up to,

so one decided to jump up and take a look.

So of course he had to take a break from his game and give her a nice little pet on her back. :)

We are usually getting 5 eggs a day now. They are so much fun!

Here is a current picture of my garden. Things are sprouting up all over and growing great. I had to do some soil modification...because all my first sprouts were dying off. My soil had too much nitrate in it...hopefully now it will do better and we'll get lots of great stuff!

2 comments:

Jill said...

You're amazing!! You know that?! I'm so I inspired by you!

Jill Roberts said...

Thanks Jill. :) Thanks also for always being the only one who leaves any comments. I know others are looking but your the only one who says anything. i feel the love! :)