Contributors

Thursday, February 16, 2012

New beds for girls



I finally finished up a bedroom makeover for the girls' room. I saw someone who had made beds that were made from pallets and thought to myself...I can do that! :) So after finding some pallets and some other salvaged wood I started building. Didn't really have a specific plan in mind...just kinda figured it out as I went along.





Only needed a chop saw & sander and of course a screw gun. I did end up having to buy a few wood supplies but in the end didn't spend more than $22!





Here is the work in progress.
I got it together and thought I would just leave it rustic. I put a bit of paint on randomly and then sanded it off to just leave a touch of it behind.





Got it into their room and decided I didn't like how really rustic it was for what I wanted to do in there so took them back outside for a nice coat of paint and a few more finishing boards. Oh, and I had to add a diagonal board across the bed for support...they were a little too wobbly.





After a nice coat of paint they were back inside (sorry about the bad picture :))









Here is the final product. I added a shelf big board below one of the beds for the toy storage and left Cadence's bed (one on right) open space. The kids love crawling back there and using it as a hide out. :)





I'm happy with the way they turned out and am glad I gave a try at building something myself!

No comments: