Contributors

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Poetry Cafe

This week Dylan had a "Poetry Cafe" at school in the evening. His teacher is so great, had the room decorated so cute and even had us get in the full poetry reading vibe by having us snap for applause instead of clap. :)

The kids had written poems and had to read in front of the microphone.
Dylan was very nervous but did a great job! He read a poem about the color red. :)



Red is a bursting heart
Red is a fire alarm
Red is a S folder
Red is Ms. Sleasman's coffee cup
Red is Ms. Sleasman's editing marker.

We were given a little book with all the poems they have worked on in class, this is my favorite one (he had to fillin the sentence with 1 word)...

I could carry 100 oranges but I couldn't carry 100 erasers!
I could eat 100 animals but I couldn't eat 100 monkeys!
I could put 100 pencils in my desk, but I couldn't put 100 stars in my desk!
I wish I had 100 brothers but I am glad taht I do not have 100 sisters.
:)

No comments: