Contributors

Friday, January 20, 2012

Reclaimed wood projects




Last week or so bulk trash pick up was in our neighborhood...and anyone who knows me well knows I love to pick up stuff on the side of the road. :) I didn't find too much this time but I was inspired to make a bunch of decorative things with some reclaimed salvaged wood that was found in front of one of my neighbors houses. :)




The top is just a wood trim piece that I spray painted black and hot glued some clothes pins to (one for each kid) and then tied glass vases with some ribbon. Super simple and so cute. I like that each kid has their own drawn picture below their pictures. :)



And the hooks (from Ikea) I had for the kids' backpacks were a bit small, so once again just took a piece of wood and screwed holes in it and added some dresser knobs and the hooks that I already had.
I made these tree pieces (the trunk is each kids arm and hand) awhile ago and I had them in some black frames without glass (it is canvas with mod podge all over) but never really like the way it looked. So, since I love my pallet project I did so much I decided just to put some pallet wood together vertical as the backdrop. I love it so much!






And the last piece of wood was from what I think was a portion of a old drop leaf table, it had these really great old rusty hinges so I just took them off and reattached to the front for extra flair and again drilled holes and attached 2 drawer handles. Pulled a piece of fabric across and clipped some clothes pins on to hold the art!



Simple projects, FREE and I love that it adds more character to our house! :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh my gosh... The arm trees are to die for and are gorgeous on that vertical wood!!!