Contributors

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Closet Reading Nook

I saw the idea online to make a closet into a reading nook. Since we really only use Dylan's closet for storage I thought it would be a great idea for his room...and he also needs some motivation to read (it's not his favorite). :)


Here is the before picture of the closet.
And after...
I painted, made some curtains out of fabric I had (and made the rod out of spray painted pvc pipe...cost about $1.50), put fabric on shelf because of contact paper that was previously put on shelf and then painted over and it was impossible to remove. I fastened the fabric with push pins to front of shelf. And bought a chair from Craigslist.




It is a great little space and it doubles as a really cool fort area! Dylan enjoys the area and I even caught him reading by himself...and that never happens!!


No comments: