Contributors

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bathroom redo...

I have been working on the guest bathroom on and off for this last week. I painted the cabinets probably last year with a bright color and put a grayish fabric on the fronts of the cabinets (forgot to take picture with old fabric on). The original cabinets were so dated, dark brown colored. I thought the bathroom could use a uplift at the time but I never liked the way it turned out...this last week I finally got the urge to redo it again. :)


Here is the before color.


And after...


I put a canvas type fabric on the fronts. The paint is more white and the fabric has more of the creme in it. It ties the colors in the counter tops together well.



I also never liked the really old huge vanity mirror and Dylan accidentally cracked the glass on the middle mirror a few months ago. So it was time for it to come down as well! Here is the before...




Once it was off the wall, I realized that someone at one point had a little built in vanity and there was a huge hole behind the current vanity.




I found a mirror that was the right size on Craigslist for $30. I liked the wood style but not the color (it was black and gold). So a good coat of spray paint took care of the color.




And it was still a little bland, so I put black glaze (thank you Drea for your leftovers :)) on the edges to help the wood detail pop out better.




Here is the final product on the wall!




I'm really happy with the way it all turned out. It was a easy way to give the bathroom a fresh new feel!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love it Jill! The mirror, especially, is gorgeous!!!!