Contributors

Monday, August 8, 2011

1st Grade!

Can't believe Dylan is in 1st grade!


He was a bit nervous last night about starting up school again. He asked if he could just stay home with me. I asked him how would he learn and become even more smart? His response, "I know how to read and add already". It had the tone of, Mom I already know the main stuff what else do I need to learn? :) Made me smile.


The girls and I walked him to his class and stayed for a few minutes. He was chatting with friends from last year and I could tell he felt comfortable. His home room English teacher (english & social studies) is Ms. Sleasman and the Spanish (math and science) is Ms. Palmero. Both seem to be really great teachers.


This school year starting felt like he was old...that he didn't necessarily need me to be there but was glad that I was.


I'm excited for this year for him!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Man... if adding and reading were all we really needed to know! Wouldn't life be grand?! I love that kid!