Contributors

Friday, January 28, 2011

"Mom, your making me eat slime!?"

Is what Dylan said to me after I put dinner down in front of him. :)

I know it looks so gross, right! It is a new recipe I tried for making split pea soup from scratch. I have to say that it actually tasted good. And once I could actually get the kids to take 1 bite, they liked it...that is at least the older 2, Isabelle wanted nothing to do with it. :)

We also had homemade wheat bread (thanks to Mark's mom for the breadmaker for Christmas), which the kids love. We eat the whole loaf in one meal usually.
I also tried a new recipe my neighbor gave me frozen lemon creme. It wasn't frozen enough to try last night after dinner...but I sampled it today and it is so delicious.
We've been enjoying making more breads, desserts, meals, etc from scratch lately. I enjoy knowing what exactly is in the food were eating and it really isn't that much more work. :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yum, yum,yum! My inital thought was that your split pea soup was curry! All the curry around here looks like that! Also, super jealous of your home made bread! Sounds delicious!