Contributors

Monday, October 10, 2011

Jamaica exploring



The last two days have been relaxing & fun.

We went snorkeling a few times, right off the reef at our hotel.


The boys relaxing/floating in the Caribbean!


Cliff jumping, this also is right where we were staying. There was a cove in the cliffs that was the perfect spot for jumping. It also gathered a audience when one of us would get ready to jump.


I didn't want to jump but told everyone that I would do it the morning before we left this hotel. So yesterday morning when we were having breakfast Kati made me change into my swimsuit and go do it so we didn't run out of time (or that I wouldn't chicken out) before our driver came to pick us up. I finally got to the top and then had huge anxiety, Kati and I decided to go but then I just couldn't do it and she ended up in the water and I was still up top. :) I did FINALLY jump after a few false starts. I have a video...maybe I'll post when I get home. It's pretty funny.


We had dinner at a famous restaurant/bar called Rick's Cafe. It is famous because there is a very high makeshift tower/plank that the locals cliff jump from.

The picture above is at the cove at the restaurant. The locals were only jumping from the lower sign, it would have great to have been able to see them jump from the top





The last two days have been rainy but we still ventured out and did some exploring. The first stop was a small cave that was located at a restaurant. Our driver told us about it and showed us around. It lead out to the ocean. There were fruit bats flying all around, it was a bit creepy (Israel especially didn't like the bats! He screamed like a little girl at one point. :))


Our next stop was Royal Palm Nature preserve. By the time we got there it had been raining for quite awhile so it was actually closed. But there was a guard who let us in after we slipped him some money. We had the whole place to ourselves. It was so lush and beautiful. There were boardwalks through a maze of trees/plants and a lagoon.


This is a view from the top of a wooden look out tower. Amazing view!



The day ended with the best meal we have eaten so far at a hotel a few minutes walk from our place. We all had such great food. I ate a jerk chicken pasta with a fresh squeezed frozen limeade...delicious!

No comments: