Contributors

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weekend Fun

This weekend was nice and relaxing. I decided to try out making homemade soft pretzels for the first time. I made the dough in my breadmaker and instead of making a traditional pretzel shape (mainly because I couldn't get the dough to roll out well) I made pretzel bites. These are them ready to be baked.

You have to boil them first and then dip them in water & baking soda...which I had no idea that was how you got that crusty outside.

Here is the final product. Kinda looks like chicken nuggets in this picture. :) They were wonderful, they were gone very quick.
The kids loved them especially dipped in cream cheese!


Also this weekend Dylan and Iwent out yard sale shopping. Dylan likes to go to sales about as much as I do, so we had a lot of fun together! Anyone who knows me well knows that I really enjoy yard sales and trash pick-up piles (you know the big piles that people put their junk in once a month/quarter). This weekend I found the best trash find I have ever found. Take a look at the picture below...I got all of the patio furniture in someones trash pile! I was so excited. It is in excellent condition, even the cushions. It took me a few trips to get it all home but it was worth the work!! I also found the old window panels at a different house. Our outside sitting area is so comfy and inviting now. :) I also picked up a dresser to re-do from someone on Craigslist. The ad didn't have a picture and when I arrived to take a look at it, I was definatly pleasantly surprised to find such a nice dresser. Usually my dresser painting projects are in pretty rough shape. This beauty had some minor scratches on top but otherwise perfect. So I decided to relist on Craigslist and see if I could sell with just cleaning it up. I sold it the next day for a $130 profit!!



It was a fun weekend filled with randomness. :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Jill! I want those pretzels!!! My mouth was literally salivating reading about them! uuughhh!!

Also, the patio furniture is GORGEOUS!! And the dresser story is awesome! Who doesn't love a good find that makes them $130 bucks! YES PLEASE! :)