Contributors

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Homemade products soon to come...

Last night I attended a class on how to make medicinal salves and tinctures (concentrates). It was offered through http://www.phoenixpermaculture.org/ . I love this website/group, it has all kinds of great advice & knowledge and it's local!



The picture above is cups that have Chaparral (cresote bush, yes the one found in our desert everywhere) infusion. I thought it was good...earthy tasting. And we made Chaparral salve which is used for skin aliments...cuts, warts, dry skin, etc and also has general antibiotic properties...used for lots of things. Amazing!




I loved the class. It was so interesting to me and I definitely left inspired to start making my own salves for cuts, tinctures for colds and might even possibly try to make my own lip balm & lotions. I realize this feeds into my newly (and accepted) parital identity of being hippie. :)


So if interested in trying a new adventure with me, let me know and I can make you some too. :)

1 comment:

kobie said...

love this idea!! i'm interested!