Contributors

Monday, February 21, 2011

Growing up

Isabelle is almost 20 months old now. She has been so much fun lately as her personality is coming out more. For the most part she is so easy going, listens really well...but when she has her mind made up about something there is definatly a loud shrill of a cry that is let out to let us know she isn't happy. :)


I came into Dylan's room to find Isabelle dressed up like this. She was by herself and done all the work herself...wearing two winter hats, had one shoe on while playing with a toy volcano and eating a apple!

This was her getting a straw out of the drawer. She couldn't see so of course the most logical thing to do is open the bottom drawer to stand on to be able to see in. :)

This weekend marked a big weekend of her moving to her big girl bed! She now shares the bottom bunk with Cadence. She has done great so far...has only gotten out of bed 1 time!
Yesterday evening I posted the crib on Craigslist to give away for free. It was bitter-sweet to see it go. All the kids used the same crib and it has pretty much been set up and being used for almost 7 years straight.


We also had the first pig tails this week. Isabelle's hair in back is finally getting long enough to pull it back a little. They don't last very long before she pulls them out but they are soooo cute while they last. :)

I let her have a chocolate popsicle while she was taking a bath this week...well I should say that I gave her a chocolate bar and saw how messy she was getting so I put her in the tub to finish it up.

All the kids have "hooded" towels from Grandma R. They love to snuggle up in them after baths.
This last is one of my favorites. This week is also the first time that Isabelle asked for me to help her put dress up clothes on which happened to be a "tu-tu" outfit. She and Cadence were dancing all around and Dylan joined in. He was teaching the girls to raise their hand over their head and twirl in circles. I taught Dylan how to dance with the girls like a standard male/female would dance. The picture is of the two of them dancing. I watched them dance for a long time that evening, I had a huge smile on my face the whole time. :)

1 comment:

Cydney said...

oh my gosh Jill, Isabelle is getting so big! I love all your photos. You have raised such beautiful, kind children.