Contributors

Thursday, November 4, 2010

More painting projects

This is my most recent dresser redo. I really like the lines on this dresser and it turned out wonderful...my favorite so far. I distressed the edges with sandpaper & spray painted the handles from a bronze color to silver. I forgot to take a before picture, but it was actually in excellent condition and a nice looking dresser before I painted it (just a bit dated). The best part is I only paid $35 for it!

The two pictures below is dresser #2. It ended up being a bit of work because the drawer slides were in terrible condition...I guess I'm learning what to look for when buying a cheap dresser as I do these projects. :) It was my first try at glazing. It is painted red with a black glaze overlay. I really liked using the glaze (thank you drea for your leftovers :)) and I am sure I'll use it in the future. This one took a bit to sell...but it did eventually sell and the person who bought it thought it was perfect and was so excited about the color. :)


Last is a file cabinet that my parents were getting rid of. I've been wanting one at our house, so I gave it a makeover as well.

Just a simple black with distressed edging & new handles. It works great and looks sooooo different!


3 comments:

mom said...

Yes, that file looks different. I'm sure you miss the southwest
mom

Jill Roberts said...

your funny mom. :)
i just sold the black dresser tonight for $200...wooo hooo!

Jill said...

That black and red dresser are stunning! You're such a pro Jill!