Contributors

Monday, November 22, 2010

Just the 2 of us

Mark's mom watches the kids for us overnight one night a month and it is always so nice to have a full night and not have to worry about being done by a certain time to go pick up the kids. We decided to do a lot of hiking while we didn't have the kids. :)
On Friday night we hiked Squaw Peak. We got to the top just as the sun was setting, it was beautiful! Mark actually ran almost the whole way to the mountain before we hiked (his longest run so far). He was a beast...I definatly couldn't have done it!

We went out to dinner that evening and then the next morning we got up early and hiked Camelback Mountain. I don't think I have ever hiked to the top and it is much harder than Squaw Peak. The clouds were beautiful in with the morning sun.

I had kind of remembered that there was railing on one part of the mountain but when I got to here and looked up it looks so intimidating. But I pulled myself along and made it through.
I think we did great...no stopping on either mountain!


It was great to be outside and enjoying creation!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh my gosh Jill! You guys are intense! I love it!