Contributors

Monday, May 5, 2014

Summer Break - Part 3 - The Grand Canyon

 On the road there was many times of needing to occupy time and one of those times it became, "do daddy's hair". Isabelle had a great time styling Mark and I's hair. :)

 I have to be honest and say that the night we arrived at the Grand Canyon is probably on the list of one of the worst nights sleep ever. The RV still has no electric and it is now 9 degrees at night...so cold and miserable. Isabelle wakes up and crawls in bed with me telling me she is so cold.
So Mark being the great Dad that he is starts driving us around so that we can use the heater in the cab of the truck to warm us up and keep sleeping. He probably drove around for a good 2 hours before the sun came up. Defiantly a gift of LOVE!
 But because of the early morning I was able to experience one of the most amazing nature experiences of my life. Being able to see the sun rise over the Grand Canyon. It was breathtaking. It was quiet and peaceful...there was no one else around. I was able to see the 1st ray of light hit the canyon walls in all of it's spendor. A fantastic moment to say the least!

 It was a cold and windy morning, I feel like the above picture is me being a mama hen...gathering up her little chicks, warming them. :)
We took the trolly from the visitor center to the Bright Angel trail with the plan of walking along the Canyon edge until the kids were done walking and catch the trolly back. But the kids had a great time and ended up walking the entire 2.2 miles! We found all kinds of treasures along the way and made fun games up as we went along. It was another top memory from the trip!




No comments: