Contributors

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dirt

Today I got my hands dirty in my compost dirt...and had a smile on my face the whole time! It is so dark and rich...full of great stuff for my garden. I couldn't help but think back when I first got my ugly trash can composter and how I am constantly reminded of the transforming power always at work on the inside. Here is a link to my original post about the composter

 
 My sweet potato vines are doing amazing. I tried to grow shoots this last spring but never got any and was so bummed that I wouldn't have any sweet potatoes in the fall...but one day I went out and saw a shoot growing on the side of the garden bed, it looked pretty so I didn't pull it out. I am so glad I didn't, I soon realized it was a sweet potato vine. I pulled up the potato from the outside dirt and transplanted into the bed. The vines are great and healthy...can't wait til I can pull them up! :)
 Look how pretty it is. I was a little worried when I started composting that I wasn't doing it right. Well, because I would just throw stuff in there and add some water but never really turned or anything. There were many times that I looked in there and thought "this is not doing anything". But no, it was at work making beautiful dirt!

No comments: