Contributors

Monday, June 4, 2012

Off to California

 For the last 9 days we have been on vacation at a beach home in Imperial Beach, CA and it was wonderful! We all fit snug into our car with no space to spare. I made a project book of coloring and number worksheets for Cadence to work on for entertainment on the car ride there (I surprised her and she loved it!)
 The kids messed with each other but never fought. I was very proud of them! :)
 We played lots of games to pass the time, "I spy" with things we saw outside, "I spy" shapes in clouds and I had printed out a alphabet scavenger hunt where Dylan had to find something with each letter of the alphabet. He got very creative. :)

 We finally arrived at our house (it was actually a 4 plex, simple but perfect for us). It was right on the beach which was amazing! It was sunny but pretty chilly out when we arrived in the afternoon. Right away the kids had their wet suits on and were ready for the water!
 They had so much fun and I was really proud of Cadence for getting in the water right away and not being scared of it.
Isabelle didn't have a wet suit and was a bit scared of the water so we hung out on the beach and played in the sand.


 After a bunch of play time we headed inside where the kids opened their cards from their Grandma R. She had given them each some money for a souvenir for the trip. They of course loved it! I love Isabelle giving the thumbs up (I didn't even ask them to do that! :)). The girls ended up buying necklaces and Dylan bought a key chain and a swirly straw/snow globe cup.

This is the amazing view from our balcony that Mark and I got to enjoy every night!

No comments: