Contributors

Monday, August 30, 2010

weekend away

We spent the weekend up at Mark's parents cabin with Errol, Jacob & Joel. The weather was so amazing...I almost forgot it was still summer. :)

All the boys went out riding during the day and Cadence went along on day 2. Cadence started crying because she wasn't going to go with so we made some adjustments as to who was riding with who so that she could go along on the fun. Funny, because last time we were up at the beginning of the summer she was scared to death to ride on the ATV.


Sunday morning the kids were up early...too early. So I took them all on a walk so that everyone else could keep sleeping. It was the best part of my time up there. I very much like to explore and check out stuff and Dylan is the exact same way so it was fun for us to do it together.
Dylan took the picture of me and the girls. :)





Blackberries were starting to be in season. We found some along the trail that we ate a bunch of and then went back out later in the day and found a area where there were a bunch of vines. I loved every minute of picking with the kids!


Isabelle loved them. She ate so many while we were picking. Cadence kept picking the red ones which were terrible sour. She didn't believe me until she tried one and responded by saying "Mommy, we can't pick those. They are too gross". I guess sometimes you have to learn by doing. :)

Dylan was a great big brother and super helpful with Cadence. Of course they had to have their walking sticks for the walk.

This was the walk back up to the cabin. It was so precious because Cadence wanted to hold my hand but I couldn't because Isabelle was up on my shoulders. Dylan was so sweet and said "Cadence I'll hold your hand and help you". All was settled and they walked hand in hand the rest of the way.

It was good to get away and see the kids enjoy themselves so much. Dylan cried the whole way home because he was so bummed that he had to go. He begged to be able to stay for just one more day. It is such a sad cry that it breaks your heart. I can't image how he will be in a few weeks when we go in a few weeks to visit Michelle in LA and go to Disneyland!

3 comments:

Cydney Kyhn said...

How cute! I love the photos. It looks like a fun place to visit.

Michawn said...

i know that place! :) fun times. man, that seems like lifetimes ago, doesn't it? so much has happened since then. crazy.

Jill Roberts said...

michawn, mark and i were actually talking about how we came up together on our drive to the cabin...it does seem like forever ago. :)