Contributors

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Resort Fun

We had a fun last few days. Every year my mom invites my sister and I (and kids of course) to go to a resort here in town. We just got home today from 2 nights away. The older kids now remember the tradition and look forward to it!
This picture was taken after the first night...it was a rough night sleep. The kids all were in bed with me (although they had a perfectly fine pull out sofa bed 3 feet away). I think the kids slept fine but definatly was not very restful for me. :)

We headed to AZ Mills mall for the new aquarium that recently opened. We got there a little early so the kids did some pet window shopping. :) Both the boys asked Jolene and I if they could buy the dogs they were looking at. Notice how Cadence is a few steps behind...she is so afraid of dogs.
At the aquarium. The kids enjoyed it but it was so expensive ($18.50) for not taking too much time to get through (45 minutes)



After we had lunch at Rain Forest Cafe. The last time we were there Dylan was small and was terrified the entire time...just like Cadence was this time (see picture below).
She didn't remove her hands from her ears the entire time there. I had to feed her the food and she refused to sit in her seat. When the thunderstorms would come (every 15 minutes or so) her body would clench up and she would bury her head in my arms.

We went swimming every evening. Isabelle loves the water. I count to three and put her under, she now knows what that means and when I start counting she squints her eyes real tight and smiles huge. :)

Even though it was hot the kids still had some time of running around outside, Grandma thought ahead and brought squirt guns for cool off and entertainment.



This is the picture from morning nap today. It was my first time just laying her on a bed to fall asleep (the bed was pretty low to ground). She for some reason is really good about knowing the boundry of the bed or sofa and stays put on top. She was so tired from the few days of so much fun!


Thanks mom for a great few days & memories to cherish.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I wanna be spoiled by your mom too! What a fun trip! I can't believe how tall Dylan is now!