Contributors

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Information for Baby Shower

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

We will be in room #3213 at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale. If you need directions or further information, please call me at 623-521-0212

Hope to see you soon.

_________________________________________________


Baby Showers are for Girls?!

I'm so excited to meet Eli for the first time. I can’t wait to tell him how much we waited for this chapter to begin. I'll tell him how many people have prayed for his life I’ll share stories about the passion of his father and tenderness of his mother. I’ll talk about how his aunts and uncle will spoil him and how his grandparents are the steadiness in the storm. But before this moment begins, there is another moment.

Two weeks ago Jill asked me if I wanted to help with the baby shower. In my most testosterone embellished voice I said, “Baby showers are for girls”. Jill asks the question, “What if the baby shower is for guys and girls?” Then she says, “What about doing a shower where we don’t do all the games and just hang out? My ears perk up and my stance begins to adjust. I tell her to go on, the next details will be important. Jill talks about how the party will have swimming, eating, and just hanging out together. She tells me about a resort with ten swimming pools and a three story slide. She tells me how people will come from all over the valley to share in this open house & celebration. No schedule, no rules, just open space for us to love on our friends. I look at her and pronounce loudly, “baby showers were not just meant for girls, they were meant for all mankind!”

The Details: Join us in celebrating Eli's birth, we'll be having a open house style dinner & all the pools will be available for you to enjoy so make sure you bring your swimsuit. Since we won’t know which room we have until the day of the party, I’ll be updating the invite that afternoon or you can call or send a text to 623-521-0212 to find out where we are.

The purpose of the shower is to celebrate Eli's birth and also to be able to bless & relieve some of the financial burdens they will incur after Eli is born. Israel will be taking a significant amount of unpaid time off of work after Eli's birth for his surgery. We are hoping to be able to provide them some extra money for living expenses during this season...so instead of a baby boy gift we are asking that you would give a cash gift. Whatever is comfortable for you to give. Please RSVP on the invite so we know how much food we need.

Oh and by the way, they have no idea we have asked for this because they would never have accepted us giving them this shower. Our hope is they are blessed and are just able to focus on Eli.

2 comments:

Jill said...

aaaaaaaaaahhhh! I wish I could be there! I had no idea they were having another baby! I hate being out of the loop! Please give them both big hugs from me and tell them I said "Congrats!"

Ann Knister said...

Sorry we won't be able to attend! Sounds so fun. What a blessing for Israel and Kati - this is a great idea. Blessings on you!