Contributors

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Projects

I have been doing a few projects at the house since we have moved. Since I have less cabinet space, I've come up with some other options for storage and supplies. I found this idea online and adjusted it to fit my space.


I put a ad on craigslist to see if anyone had a free crib that they didn't want anymore...one that was broken or unwanted. I got a few responses and this is the one that I picked up. I just needed one of the side rails for the project.


I cut it down to the size that I wanted & painted it. It now hangs on my wall and holds all my craft supplies. I got all the wire bins and cans at Goodwill. I put dresser handle pulls to hold the cans and used wire to hold some of the wire bins and others had handles already that hooked around. The whole thing probably cost about $5 and I love that it is on the wall and out of the way.

I'm still looking for a container for the last hook for all my buttons. :)


I also got this off of craigslist. It had a natural top with painted dark blue drawers, cost $10 (thanks dad for picking it up for me). I put a fresh coat of black paint on and got the drawer pulls from Ikea (6 for $2.99). It holds all my office papers and desk supplies. I really like the way it turned out.


Dylan of course has been helping with other projects. He did my sanding and some painting, such a great helper.



4 comments:

Shelly said...

you are so creative...i love the wall piece...can we hire you to come out here and help us?
...did you guys come up with an idea for dylan's shower door yet? haha

Jill Roberts said...

i so wish we could come see you! no ideas on dylan's shower but the other day he says to me, "my shower is pretty funny, huh". :)

Anonymous said...

well, I found a new project too. there was a desk with the drawers that I wanted, out for trash pickup. So I had dad pick it up. He is going to redo the top and it will be great. It is fun to see how God supplies our wants.

mom

Anonymous said...

You're so creative, Jill! I love all your ideas.

-Jenny