Contributors

Monday, August 24, 2009

$ savings!

I've used coupons for most of my adult life (my mom taught me well) but recently I have been tracking blogs about coupons and deals. It's kinda fun to see how much you can save or get for free. I went grocery shopping yesterday and saved a total of $101.08 and spent $103.02, I was so excited to have such great savings! A couple of my other good deals this month were coupons for $20 at Christopher and Banks and a coupon for $20 to Ann Taylor (I don't normally shop at either of these stores...but since I was able to get a couple shirts for only a few dollars it was worth it). I was also able to get our oil changed for $9.98 because of a coupon for $20 off.

If you want a good blog to follow for coupons & deals you can check out http://www.savingcentswithsense.net/ she lives here in Phoenix.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really want to get into coupon clipping. Thanks for the awesome website. when you clip do you do it out of the newspaper. I'm new at this... can you give me some hints to get started outside of this website. Thanks

Jill Roberts said...

I do it from the newspaper and if you check out the website she has a section called coupons that will give you a bunch of different websites to print online coupons. There is a ton of online stuff out there. I get her automatic email updates so I just check out what is new every day and print what I think I will use.
The big thing with couponing is that you don't buy what you wouldn't normally buy...because then you are really spending more money. Feel free to ask any questions, I'm not a expert but happy to help. :)