Contributors

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Great Conversations

Yesterday while driving Dylan randomly started a conversation with me that went like this...
D: God loves me so much
me: yes He does
D: but He doesn't love people who are bad, like the guy who stole Tommy's airplane out of his car. he is bad
me: no, He loves all people but He doesn't like it when people sin or do bad things. sometimes you make bad decisions but God still loves you. that is why when we pray we ask God for forgiveness.
D: i pray, even when it isn't dark outside. i think i will talk to God.
me: you can say to God, "please forgive me for my sin and the bad things i have done".
D: mommy, that is too hard for me to say. i am just going to say, "change my heart, God".
It is that simple. Advice from my 4 year old...change my heart, God.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

jill, i am so glad you post these blogs...just so that you have them written down when he gets older...this one made miah and i cry :-) ...thanks for the reminder, jet!

brittany said...

crying my life away...
love you guys

Anonymous said...

They are so wise, aren't they? Why can't we keep the wisdom we have as kids??? :) He is so precious. What an amazing heart your little man has.