Contributors

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rain & Flowers

For the last week or so Dylan has been asking about Lincoln a lot. We recently had a conversation before he went to bed about what dying meant and what heaven is...the best that I could. I explained that Lincoln was born very sick and now he lives in heaven and that he will stay there forever with Jesus. Dylan responded almost in tears saying, "but I don't want to go to heaven because I won't live with you anymore". After some tears from me he asked why I was sad and I told him that I missed Lincoln very much. He then tried to comfort me by saying "well, you have Cadence & me. Does that make you happy?" I will cherish this conversation forever.

Last night during Dylan's prayers before bed he "thanked God for the rain that makes the flowers grow".

I'm not sure that I am able to say I am thankful for the rain that life has brought but I am for the flowers that have grown. There is good that can come...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That brought tears to my eyes. What a sweetheart.

-Jenny

Errol said...

so true, There is good that can come.

Jo said...

Someday you will be thankful for the rain, too. Glad you are sharing your thoughts with us. I hope you are doing well with your healing.