Contributors

Friday, December 5, 2008

First Friday Artwalk

Tonight I went to First Fridays Artwalk to check out what Sarah Castillo was selling to raise money for homes that are being built for those being rescued from sex trade across the world.

Once I exited 7th Ave from the freeway it instantly brought back such a great feeling. It was the routine of going to onePlace. As I'm driving down Roosevelt I have a smile on my face thinking of the memories. I ask Dylan if he remembers going to our old church, to my surprise he said he didn't. I of course had to park at the church's parking lot because it is familiar. It is still empty, with our sign up and our candle holders still in the window. I get out of the car and realize that in another life I never would have felt safe parking here...how life has changed over the years. Once we get out of the car Dylan tells me that he does remember coming here & tries to open all the doors as we go to the front to peek in the window.

A night of good memories in a area of town that will always hold a special place in my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, you took me there with you, as you described it...i got the warm fuzzies. i miss it so much.

brittany said...

i miss you so much