Contributors

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weeping for what was my delight

This beautiful tree was planted at Mark's parents cabin in memory of Lincoln. These pictures were taken this spring by Mark's dad. It is such a beautiful tree and a great memorial for me.


Tomorrow is the day that Lincoln passed away. The thought of those last few hours are still close to unbearable for me to recall. The devastation and loss is so great.
Today I took the kids to Lincolns grave. It is the first time they have been there (outside of Dylan when he was small). I expained what a cemetary was and that we go there to help us remember. That his body is in the ground but that he is really in heaven. Dylan understood.
He said, "mom I believe Lincoln is real because I have a picture of me holding him".
Sometimes I feel the same way...

3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm sitting shiva with you from S. Korea today Jill. love you guys

Jill Roberts said...

thank you jill. what is shiva??

Jill said...

Sitting Shiva is what they used to do back in the REALLy olden days - Bible times! When someone was mourning the death of a loved one, their friends would come and sit next to them, not saying anything, for days... sometimes weeks... Just sitting to comfort them.