Contributors

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sewing

I've been sewing and doing more crafty type projects over the last few months. I learn as I go & read blogs to get ideas. :)
This was my first try at doing a purse. I'm happy with the way it turned out but definatly learned how to do a few things differently for the next time.

I made a bunch of tutu's and tried to sell them at a couple craft fairs...and won't be doing that again. I have a handful of them at a boutique, we'll see if they sell. This is the last of them that I made, I tried a different color than pink but it wasn't a seller. :)


I just bought this shirt for $1.50! It was a strange shape at the bottom and didn't give much form. I've been reading a lot of blogs about refashioning clothes so thought I would give it a try. (If interested in a really great blog on refashions check out http://mymamamadeit.blogspot.com/ she is amazingly creative!)

Sorry for the really bad photo's...but you get the idea. I took the sides in & made a belt out of leftover material that I made my duvet cover from.

Hope I inspire someone to go create something. If I did let me know what you did!

1 comment:

Jill said...

love it, love it, love it! I used to do this kind of stuff all the time back in AZ, when i had my sewing machine! You should try making a pillowcase skirt! Those always get a lot of attention, and people are amazed when you tell them what it started as. :)