Contributors

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day filled with sorrow...

Today is the day that Lincoln passed away, actually about a hour ago from when I am writing this 3 years ago. Thinking back on the day feels like yesterday. The feelings are vivid, real, unmoving.


The moments of the day are distinct to me but one that will always stand out is the wonderful man who came to pick up Lincoln's body. A complete stranger to us. As he took him away he hugged Mark and said "don't worry, I will care for him like he is my son", and with that it was the last time we saw his body. I really can't express or write the emotions and convey the emptiness that was and is still felt.


On Lincoln's 1 year birthday we gave out a gift of a ficus tree to friends and family as a memorial. This picture is Errol's tree, it sits near his kitchen sink. Every time I see it, it brings pleasure to my heart. Seeing how much it has grown, knowing what it represents. Thankful for the small memories.

Lamentations 3:22-24, 32-33 says:
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.
For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.

Thankful there is hope, restoration, healing and also the pain: these things have made me into the person I am today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jill you are so strong and trust so much in God. I will always look up to you in that way. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this time. Congratulations on the birth of Isabelle. She is beautiful as are all of your kids! Love you guys!