Contributors

Monday, August 11, 2008

Missing onePlace

Last night I visited a new church, it was good and different. It happened to be downtown really close to onePlace and I had some time to kill before I was meeting someone else so I decided to go inside one last time (I still have a key :)).

It was so empty, had water puddles on the floor from the last rain storm, quiet. I sat on the floor looking at the building, admiring the brick wall, thinking of all the memories from this building...

Dylan running around with the red truck knocking into all the chairs and people
Cadence with her wonderful filthy feet and knees from crawling on the never clean floor
Random chairs
Honest worship
Mark and I's first communion together after Lincoln's passing
Friendships
Hearing Laurie's voice singing (even when she wasn't leading)
Cleaning the awful bathrooms
Dylan's cross art project and him learning that Jesus dies for our sins
Reading new quotes on the bathroom walls
Hearing Jeremiah & Shelly sing Jesus loves me on a Sunday they lead church
Communion Feast
Witnessing Mark's volunerability and transformation
Knowing deep love for my family
Maggie's dedication
Pancake breakfast
Herberts birthday
Dylan dancing to songs of praise

The thoughts continue on...I stand with my arms out, tears running down my face and say I am grateful. Thank you God for the journey. It is met with the quietness of the building and a deep satisfaction in my heart.

4 comments:

brittany said...

i have read this three times, tears have streamed down my cheeks harder and harder each time.

thank you for sharing this. thank you for sharing yourself.

shells said...

agreed.

Errol said...

every time i read anything about oneplace it makes my cry

thanks for all you have done at oneplace

Michawn said...

jill, what are y'all doing now? are you attending another church now...did all of you from oneplace try to all find one church to go to (so hard to leave your church family and all go separate ways, right?)...are you all going to start another church? do you even have any answers to those questions? thinking about you.