Contributors

Friday, August 13, 2010

Something's missing!

Yesterday evening was eventful. We had just arrived at our mechanic to pick up our car that was being worked on and both Mark and I were outside talking to the guy and I get back in the car to hysterical crying and panting with little talking bits between breaths that said "Cadence knocked out my tooth -----whaaaaaaaa! I'm bleeding everywhere!"



Sure enough, I guess what happened is that Dylan unbuckled Cadence from her seat and she was trying to climb to the very back of the vehicle to play. On her climb to the back she somehow landed on top of Dylan's head and he says that when she did that his tooth just popped right out and landed on the center console. What are the odd's of that!? We knew his tooth was loose but probably had a little bit more time before it would have fallen out on it's own. We hadn't really talked about what happens when your tooth falls out and that it might bleed yet since I thought I had some time still. So when he started bleeding, he thought something was terribly wrong. :) After we got the bleeding to stop he settled down and was/is so excited about it and wants to show it off to everyone.



He knew right away that he had to put it under his pillow and wish for something (a sucker). So of course I had to go out last night and get him what he wished for and I had already known that I was going to give a silver dollar as the money part. Needless to say that when I got home, I realized the cashier didn't put the sucker in my bag. Good thing I had bought another treat. So he didn't get a sucker but still was something good. :) When he woke up this morning he came in to me and said "I really did get my wish, I guess the tooth fairy is really real after all. I thought she was just a fairy tale". How cute is that!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Best post ever! I love that story!