Contributors

Friday, May 27, 2011

Date nite with Dylan

Tonight Dylan and I went out and had some time together.

We went to Great Skate...I haven't been there since I was a kid!


Dylan was pretty nervous at first, he wouldn't even put the skates on. I told him that he had to try to go around at least one time and if he still didn't like it we didn't have to stay. As soon as he stood up with his skates on he was flaying all over the place, he had no balance at all! It was so funny, thankfully he was laughing as well!


As soon as he got on the rink the skating did not get any easier (he had a hard time on the carpet let alone the slick roller rink!) :). I was laughing so hard I had tears, I have never seen someone's body go in so many directions at one time! We held hands the whole time and by the end he was able to keep his balance and did really well...but never let go of my hand. :)


We of course had our dinner there...yummy (not really) pizza and a soda. Dylan loved it!






The best part of the night for me was when we were sitting on the bench watching the other skaters for a little while and all of a sudden Dylan is on my lap...just because, for no other reason than he wanted to be close to me. I loved every minute and took it all in. I'm thankful I still have a "little boy" who enjoys being with Mom. :)


We got in the car and Dylan said, "Mom, can we come back again. That was so much fun".

No comments: