Contributors

Friday, May 24, 2013

Mothers Day


Thankful for my mom's.
Mark and I are thankful to have great Mom's who have taught us to love Jesus. No better gift to be able to give to my kids and for me to be a great Mom.

Mothers day morning I was able to sleep in and was treated with breakfast in bed. I think it has become a tradition. It's what Dylan wanted to do for me. :)
It was a specially sweet morning because Mark needed to do a long run for training of his upcoming marathon, so he woke up at 3:00am so that he would be home in time to be there when the kids woke up and get breakfast started for me. It was such a generous gift for him to give to me.


I also had a nice Mothers day event at Cadence's school. Her teacher planned a special "picnic" lunch in the classroom and had the kids learn a bunch of sweet songs to sing to us. It was super cute!


But I have to say that my most favorite thing about Mothers Day came from Dylan...and he really doesn't know just how special it was to me. Someday when he looks back and reads this when he is a Dad, he will understand. Here is the story...
I picked the kids up from school on Friday and like most Fridays we head to the convience store to get a treat if they have stayed on green for the whole week as a reward. I told Dylan lets go and he was acting kinda strange so I asked if he was feeling alright or if something was wrong. He said he was fine but lets just head home, he didn't want a treat. If you know my son at all...you know this is a really big deal. He LOVES anything sweet. So I continued to press and ask, are you sure you're feeling alright. Does your stomach hurt? He answers with, I'm fine. I just want to head home. So I told him that Cadence had earned the treat so we were going to go still but he could stay in the car if he wanted and I would get him a Sprite to drink. He agreed. Once we got home he right away went into his room and I walked by and saw that he was doing something in his closet. A few minutes later I went into his room and looked in his closet thinking that maybe he had gotten some candy or something at school and was hiding it in his closet to sneak and eat later. He comes in and says all frustrated, mom you saw it! I had saw the sweet little decorated styrofoam cup with a few little seedlings growing from it...but I denied it to him! I said what are you talking about? I was just picking up the shirt on your floor. He again says, I know you know. And I again say to him, I don't know what your talking about and tell him I want to wait for whatever it is until Mothers Day.

I then realized that the reason why he didn't want to go get a treat was because he was afraid the plant would die because he had put it in his backpack to surprise me. I had such a huge smile knowing that my son was being so thoughtful and really generous, giving up something I know he really wanted so that he could do something really nice for me. Makes my heart melt!










No comments: