Contributors

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Full Bedroom makeover

Just some pictures to capture the full redo of the room. I built the beds and on the end of Cadence's bed I built on a desk area for her. Took down the dark shutters, painted the trim white and sewed some easy curtains with ribbon tie backs.


Since the beds took up more space in their room now I decided to use their closet space for some toy play area. Here is the before (it has a raised platform because a air conditioning vent goes through that space.


The dollhouse that Mark built fits perfectly along with the dress up clothes.


I also found this really great antique dresser for $50. I painted it and used black glaze to bring out all the detail. I love the way it turned out!


I finished the room up with some details with the names that my mom had made and were in the room previously. I added paper flowers and thumb tacked them into the wall. There are three different layers of scrapbook paper cut out in leave/flower pattern that lay on top of one another and then curl the edges just a bit and pin them into place.

I also found a hanging light chandelier (you can just see it in the top right of picture). I removed the wiring and candle stick like light bulb areas. I put a hook in ceiling and tied a pink long ribbon for it to hang down. I really like the added feature.

Close up of the flowers. :)


The girls like their new bedroom and I'm also really happy with the end result. A few more details and then I'll be done. Mostly just sewing a quilt for their beds. :)


No comments: