Contributors

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

First Time Skiing

Last week the whole family went to Snowbowl for a daytrip. Mark had a lift ticket that expired last week so we wanted to take advantage of it while we could. So the plan was for me to see if I could learn to ski (I have never ever tried before) and Dylan to get some more practice in before we take our trip to Durango over Dylan's spring break.This picture was taken right after I finally was able to stand on the ski's. I'm excited that Dylan is learning while he is young and will get the hang of it before he gets more afraid of falling! I was so worried about going too fast down the hill because I had no way of stopping except for falling...not fun. :)
We also rode the ski lift for the first time. It was a bit nerve racking at first but then Dylan started to relax a little and wasn't so worried about what would happen if he fell off. Since I have never rode the lift before with ski's on, I waved the guy at the top over to help us know how to get off (Mark laughed at me about that) :).
Dylan and I did two rough runs and Dylan was not having a good time so we took a break. Mark went snowboarding for a few runs and then he and Dylan went and did the bunny slope some more. It was great for Dylan to have Mark's help and instruction. He did so great, by the end of the day he could control what direction to go and stop when needed. It was so fun to see him be excited about "getting it"!
The girls were along as well. They hung out and played in the snow. :) Last time we were up for Dylan's lessons Cadence saw a little girl in the lessons in all pink so now she always says, "when I get bigger I'm going to be like the girl in pink". I'm glad she wants to try it out...maybe next year.

No comments: