Contributors

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

School Christmas Stations

Last Friday I was able to help out in Dylan's class at school during his fun Christmas stations. I haven't been able to be in his classroom yet, so it was really fun for me to be able to see him interact with the other kids! They made Christmas cookies, had hot chocolate & read The Polar Express and made luminaries. :)


I also got him a new lunch box (it was a super good deal & I liked that I don't have to use any baggies, etc.). I gave it to him to put whatever stickers on that it came with and this is how he decorated it. :) He actually didn't like it at first, he thought the other kids would think it was silly (amazing how young you are when you are aware of your peers thoughts). I told him to try it out for a day and see how it goes. He gave me a reluctant "ok".
When I picked him up from school I asked how it went at lunch and he responded with, "everyone loved my box and they all wanted to sit by me!".
Fun. :)


1 comment:

Cydney Kyhn said...

That's so great you were able to be in his classroom that day! I have heard about those lunch boxes, aren't they made of recycled materials? He did an awesome job decorating. I would've wanted to sit next to him at lunch too! ; )