Contributors

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Transformation

I've been working on a few furniture projects lately. The first is a desk that I found in front of someones house for trash pickup. I don't really have any shame any more about picking up other peoples garbage especially when I know that transformation that can take place. :)


I was really wanting a desk for Dylan's room for him to have quiet space for his homework. He was so excited about it and wanted to help out with getting it ready.



This is how it turned out. I still need to buy handles for it (I have to order because it is odd sized holes). I love it and it fits perfectly in his room!


I recently decided that since I have quite a bit of experience with painting furniture now (with all my random projects) that I would start to pick up some cheap pieces to repaint and sell on Craigslist. This is my first beauty. :) It was actually a free post on Craigslist and it was still there once I got to the house. Gross right (yes, that is dirt and grime on top)!

I just finished it up this morning and here is how it turned out! Notice the red theme...I think the color turns out really nice and is unique so people like it. I just posted it on Craigslists so we'll see how long it takes to sell and how much I make. :)





I have one more dresser in the the garage for my next project. I figured if I have a hobby, I might as well make some money with it. :)

4 comments:

Michawn said...

that's awesome! i would totally buy that if i was around. want to deliver it to brazil? :)

Jill said...

Jill, these are gorgeous!!!

Jill said...

i'm bacak again, reading this post! I actually had a childhood dresser that I painted when I graduated college. I used it as a TV stand for a couple years, and then a dinning room buffet table for a couple years, and then an entry table! You're gonna be able to sell these suckers fast! I think it was one of the first pieces of furniture I sold when I moved to Korea, and crazy because it was the oldest piece in the house!

Jill Roberts said...

that's really cool jill. :) it didn't sell as fast as i had hoped but it sold this weekend...$150. not bad for a free dresser!